Most Property Owners and Homeowners
Only Paint Every 7 to 10 Years and Many Don’t Know
What Questions to Ask to Evaluate a Painting Contractor.
The following information is provided to assist Texas property owners and homeowner’s in choosing a painting contractor. This is not an exhaustive list and all of the questions may not apply to your situation
We will be happy to provide you with a complete copy of our consumer guide and step-by-step process prior to our first meeting.
Here are 3 areas we recommend you consider in evaluation every painting contractor you talk to:
- The Reputation and Business Stability of the Painting Company.
- Their Experience and Methodology
- Their Service before, during and After Your Project
For each area simply ask the questions and ask the painting contractor to provide the evidence to support their answers.
Reputation and Business Stability of the Painting Company
- Are you an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau of Fort Worth?
- Are you certified in Lead Safe Work Practices as required by Federal Law as of April 22, 2010 and will you provide the appropriate proof?
- Will you supply a copy of your current insurance certificate?
- Can you provide me with a reference list with at least 15 recent customers?
- Will you provide us with a reference from your bank and your key suppliers?
- What professional organization(s) of painting contractors do you belong to?
- Have you ever filed for bankruptcy for any company or organization in which you were an owner that did painting or home remodeling?
Experience and Methodology
- Will you provide a detailed breakdown of the service you are providing?
- Do you have specific experience in textured surfaces and use a commercial texture sprayer?
- Do you have a written policy regarding drugs and alcohol by your crews?
- Do you hire part-time employees or subcontractors to work in your crews?
- How much of a deposit do you require when I sign your agreement?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- Will I have to pay extra for the privilege of using a credit card?
- Do you require an additional deposit if I use a credit card?
Service Before, During and After the Project
- Will you provide me your warranty in writing?
- Have you ever repainted or repaired a project that was out of warranty?
- What is your company phone policy?
- How often do you meet with homeowner to review job progress?
- Do you provide a price guarantee?
We hope these questions give you the information you need to make the best choice when it comes to hiring, evaluating and working with a professional painting contractor to paint your home.
We will be happy to provide you with a complete copy of our consumer guide prior to our first meeting. We live by our guide. We know this sets a standard that we can be proud of and that the majority of our competitors can’t match. Upon request we will gladly provide you with our written proof of compliance with each question.